Imaging Associates invites you to the best place in the world to work, play and live!
Life in Anchorage and Palmer (Mat-Su Valley) is simply a full-on adventure! With more than 60 glaciers in a 50-mile radius, salmon streams in abundance – including in the heart of downtown Anchorage, six surrounding mountain ranges, 300 miles of wilderness trails and the third largest state park in our backyard, it’s no wonder why so many people come to Anchorage and never leave. By day, dog sled across an icy glacier, spot copious wildlife, fly out to Mount McKinley and get to know Alaska’s first people. By night, enjoy metropolitan amenities, abundant fresh-caught seafood and the frontier spirit of Alaska’s largest city. Our unique location allows you to pack in a lot of adventure.
Anchorage dazzles in winter with snowy outdoor adventures, great theater and nightlife and events that celebrate winter unlike anywhere else. Even during the shortest days of the year, there are still about seven and a half hours of functional daylight. Winter weather in Anchorage is comparable to other northern cities. Even the coldest days stay relatively warm, creating prime conditions for skiing and skating. There’s plenty of snow to keep powder hounds happy; Anchorage averages about 60 inches of snow annually, while nearby Girdwood – home of Alyeska Resort – gets more than 600 inches. So, whether you want to play in the snow, see a show, curl up next to the fireplace or sink an ice axe into a frozen waterfall, Anchorage is also the perfect winter destination – to live!
Applicants can apply by email or fax to HR@imagingak.com, or (907) 562-1194.
Job duties include:
- Insurance pre-authorizations: Responsible for obtaining pre-authorizations efficiently and in a timely manner, and communicating between the patient and the insurance company to insure the authorization is in place in time for the scheduled appointment.
- Patient Scheduling: Accurately schedules diagnostic procedures performed at the group practice. Explains pre-exam requirements and procedures.
- Patient Registration: Accurately registers patients calling to schedule diagnostic procedures at the practice. Must be able to perform essential functions of registration.
- Communications: Answers all incoming calls with a smile. Answers questions, or refers callers to proper person/department.
- Customer Service/Reception: Greets patients with a smile and treats each with respect and compassion. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all interactions with physicians, patients and practice personnel.
- Written Communication: Responsible for processing and updating patient information and medical records requests accurately.
- Computer Skills: Operates a variety of office equipment, including, but not limited to; printers, copiers, computers.
- Conduct: Demonstrates personal and interpersonal qualities consistent with Imaging Associates values (integrity, trust, excellence, accountability, mutual respect and community). Other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years experience in a specialty medical practice..
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Experience with medical pre-authorizations required..
- Experience with multi-line telephone system, personal computers, and other common office equipment required.
- Regular attendance is an absolute requirement of this position.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.